Employers can apply to the Express Entry stream if the position they are hiring for falls in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) A, 0 or B categories.
- The employer finds a qualified foreign worker by using either:
- Canada’s Job Bank to be matched with eligible foreign workers; or
- the Express Entry stream of the Yukon Nominee Program to offer a job to a foreign worker.
- The employer must prove there is no qualified Canadian or permanent resident for a position.
- The foreign worker must show they meet the requirements for 1 of the 3 Express Entry Economic Immigration programs.
- The foreign worker creates an Express Entry profile to enter the candidate pool. The foreign worker receives an Express Entry Profile Number and, if applicable, a Job Seeker Validation Code.
- The foreign worker proves they have enough money, as determined by the federal government based on the size of their family.
- The employer and foreign worker complete the Yukon Express Entry application.
- The foreign worker provides us with the completed application and any other documents we need.
- The federal government invites the foreign worker to apply for permanent residence.
- The foreign worker provides any documents the federal government needs to complete the permanent residence application. For instance, a criminal record check or medical report.
- We work with the federal government to verify the foreign worker’s documents.
- The foreign worker receives permanent residence, usually within 6 months or our verifying the application.
For any questions about applying to the Express Entry stream email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5131 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5131.