- Who can apply?
- How much funding can you get?
- Project and facility eligibility
- How to apply
Who can apply?
The organization has to be appointed as a local authority for recreation and be:
- In good standing with Government of Yukon Corporate Affairs; or
- part of a First Nations government.
There has to be a sports facility in the community, such as a school, a community hall or something similar.
How much funding can you get?
The maximum funding per community is up to $20,000. It can be used for up to 100% of project costs.
Project and facility eligibility
- Repairs and upgrades to existing recreation facilities; these can’t be Government of Yukon owned buildings.
- Small capital projects.
- Purchase of equipment or furniture that are necessary for the operation of the facility.
Work identified as high priority will be given the highest priority.
- Health and safety concerns
- Structural integrity
- Protection of property
- End of life span
- Skating rinks
- Curling rinks
- Community halls
- Recreation centres
How to apply
Deadlines and project completion
Applications can be submitted any time of the year. Projects must be completed by March 31.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the form:
In person: 4061 4th Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Sport and Recreation Branch (C-10)
If you have questions about applying for the small capital recreation funding, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5924 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5924.