The Kids Recreation Fund provides Yukon families with a lower income an opportunity to apply for funding for their children, aged 0 to 18 years, to participate in sport and recreational activities within Yukon.
How much can each child receive?
Each child can receive up to $500 per year.
A family’s net income must fall into one of the following income brackets and are dependent on the number of children in the family:
- $43,900 with 1 child;
- $50,300 with 2 children;
- $56,700 with 3 children; or
- $62,500 with 4 or more children.
Special eligibility during COVID-19
Families that have lost employment or income due to COVID-19 and that do not fall within the above listed household income thresholds may be eligible for funding
- Download the application from or pick up a paper copy at Sport Yukon 4061-4th Avenue, Whitehorse
- Complete the application.
- If you are a special eligibility applicant include:
- a letter explaining your family circumstances;
- the date of expected return to work; and
- proof of your current family income, such as EI subsidy or CERB subsidy.
- Submit the application:
In person: 4061-4th Avenue, Whitehorse
Open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Kids Recreation Fund