Qualifying electric motorcycles include both high speed and limited speed motorcycles as defined by the Motor Vehicles Act.
- be powered exclusively by an electric motor and battery;
- require a Class 6 licence to drive;
- have 2 or 3 wheels; and
- be registered in Yukon.
You can purchase your motorcycle in Yukon or import it.
- Yukon residents are eligible for 2 rebates during the lifetime of the program.
- Organizations and businesses registered in Yukon are eligible for up to 10 rebates per calendar year. This includes First Nations governments and municipal governments.
25 per cent of the cost of a new electric motorcycle up to a maximum $2,000.
We calculate the rebate on the cost of the motorcycle only. It excludes costs such as:
- shipping; or
Apply for your rebate
At the time of purchase
Yukon vendors may offer you a rebate at the time of your purchase. If you're a Yukon vendor, you can download the vendor application form.
After you purchase
If you did not receive the rebate from the vendor, you can apply directly to us.
Your receipts and invoices must be dated within 1 year of submitting your rebate application.
To apply online, you’ll need to:
- create an account on the Good Energy rebates website; and
- add details about your home.
Other ways to apply
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Attach the required documents:
- the technical specifications sheet showing the battery and electric motor;
- receipt or invoice showing:
- you did not receive a rebate; and
- with no balance owing; and
- your receipts and invoices must be dated within 1 year of submitting your rebate application.
- Submit your application to the Energy Branch.
In person: Climate Change and Energy Solutions Centre, 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR-206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate cheque in the mail within 12 weeks.
Electric vehicle charging stations
The Government of Yukon is electrifying the Yukon’s roadways by installing electric vehicle charging stations in all road-accessible Yukon communities. There are a few Level 2 charging stations available for public use in the Whitehorse area.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-393-7063, toll-free in the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408 and ask to be transferred.