We offer a rebate for shipping used zero-emission vehicles to Yukon.
100 per cent of the shipping costs up to a maximum of $1,500 per vehicle.
Zero-emission vehicles that operate without producing direct tailpipe emissions.
Types of vehicles include:
- hydrogen fuel cell; or
- plug-in hybrid electric.
Vehicles must be:
- previously registered in a jurisdiction other than Yukon;
- shipped to Yukon from either a Canadian or American jurisdiction; and
- registered in Yukon after it arrives.
Eligible purchase dates
You can apply for the rebate if you imported your vehicle on November 14, 2019, or later.
- Yukon residents are eligible for 2 rebates during the lifetime of the program.
- Organizations and businesses registered in Yukon are eligible for up to 10 rebates per calendar year. This includes First Nation governments and municipal governments.
Apply for the rebate
At the time of purchase
You may get the rebate automatically when you purchase your vehicle from a local dealership. If you're a Yukon dealer, you can download the vendor application form.
After you import the vehicle to Yukon
If you did not receive the rebate at the dealership, you can apply directly to us.
- Complete the rebate application form.
- your bill of sale or invoice showing you did not receive a rebate;
- proof of vehicle registration in Yukon; and
- proof of your Yukon residency.
- Submit your rebate package to the Energy Branch.
In person: 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR-206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate cheque in the mail within 12 weeks.
Get your battery checked before you buy
Good-quality used electric vehicles have sufficient battery capacity to meet daily driving needs in Yukon. Ask for a battery-health report from the seller before you buy.
Why buy a used zero-emission vehicle?
- Used vehicles are cheaper to buy.
- They can still have excellent battery performance. While used vehicles may have 1/2 to 1/3 of their original range, they're more than sufficient for daily commuting.
- Buying used vehicles reduces the carbon impacts from manufacturing new vehicles.