Types of vehicles operated by:
- battery-electric motor;
- hydrogen fuel cell motor; or
- plug-in hybrid electric technology.
Vehicles must be:
- previously registered in a jurisdiction other than Yukon;
- shipped to Yukon from either a Canadian or American jurisdiction; and
- registered in Yukon after it arrives.
- Yukon residents are eligible for 2 rebates during the lifetime of the program.
- Organizations and businesses registered in Yukon are eligible for up to 10 rebates per calendar year. This includes Yukon First Nation governments and municipal governments.
100 per cent of the shipping costs up to a maximum of $1,500 per vehicle.
Apply for your rebate
At the time of purchase
You may get the rebate automatically when you purchase your vehicle from a local dealership. If you're a Yukon dealer, you can download the vendor application form.
After you import the vehicle to Yukon
If you did not receive the rebate from the vendor, you can apply directly to us.
To apply online, you’ll need to:
- create an account on the Good Energy rebates website; and
- add details about your home.
Other ways to apply
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Attach the required documents:
- your bill of sale or invoice showing you did not receive a rebate;
- proof of vehicle registration in Yukon; and
- proof of your Yukon residency.
- Submit your application to the Energy Branch.
In person: Climate Change and Energy Solutions Centre at 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR-206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate cheque in the mail within 12 weeks.
Get your battery checked before you buy
Good-quality used electric vehicles have sufficient battery capacity to meet daily driving needs in Yukon. Ask for a battery-health report from the seller before you buy.
Why buy a used zero-emission vehicle?
- Used vehicles are cheaper to buy.
- They can still have excellent battery performance. While used vehicles may have 1/2 to 1/3 of their original range, they're more than sufficient for daily commuting.
- Buying used vehicles reduces the carbon impacts from manufacturing new vehicles.
Electric vehicle charging stations
The Government of Yukon is electrifying the Yukon’s roadways by installing electric vehicle fast charging stations in all road-accessible Yukon communities. These fast charging stations are available for public use.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-393-7063, toll-free in the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408 and ask to be transferred.