The EnviroWild Program
Our Environment and Wildlife (EnviroWild) Program promotes and provides environmental education programs in the Yukon. During the school year, we support educators and facilitate programs for learners. In the summer we run overnight camps!
Resources for educators – get some!
If you're a Yukon teacher, we can help you with ideas and resources to meet the objectives of the curriculum. The curriculum has environmental objectives embedded throughout, such as the K–12 core competency "experience and interpret the local environment".
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-3675 to access the following resources.
- Print and online resources including lesson plans, events and professional development opportunities. We have links, lesson plan databases and information about organizations that specialize in environmental education.
- Activity kits ready to use for your class.
- Professional development opportunities offered by our environmental education specialist. These include:
- In-service workshops for learning resources.
- Small group sessions to pull together resources for you or your group.
- Opportunities to practise outdoor, experiential and environmental learning. We look from a facilitator's lens at logistics, materials, risk management, leading activities and experiences, debriefing and follow-up assignments.
Learn to Camp Equipment Library
We have a class set of camping gear to remove barriers in getting your class or organization's youth out on the land. Brought to you in partnership with Parks Canada and the Government of Yukon. Use the form to request the gear.
Programs for learners – book us!
Whether on the land or in the classroom, we offer a variety of programs for students.
Email email@example.com or phone 867-667-3675. Invite our facilitators to run a program. We can offer:
Classroom presentations on wildlife or environmental science topics
We have a dedicated education specialist, as well as wildlife biologists, conservation officers, climate change staff, land use planners, hydrologists, parks staff and more. Let us help you find someone to share their expertise and passion with your class or school.
Outdoor and experiential activities
We can join your class on a simple field trip, support you with resources, programming and risk management requirements for complex field trips or simply facilitate activities in the schoolyard.
Wall Tent Program
We can bring 2 wall tents to your school or trip location. Think of these as a portable classroom or extra accommodation space. Contact us to learn about our offerings or share your vision with us. We can bring some light and warmth to your winter activities!
EnviroWild Summer Camp
Ever heard of CAT Camp? After many years of success we've updated the Conservation Action Team Camp name so it's the same as our school and outreach program. Same culture, same quality, same commitment to learning about each other and our environment. Learn more and apply.
Join the EnviroWild Learning Network – connect and share!
Connect with fellow educators and share resources more easily than ever before. We've launched a Microsoft Team called the EnviroWild Learning Network. Our environmental education specialist will curate the network monthly.
We hope this virtual space will allow you to get where you need to go in your teaching practice by directly accessing just what you need.
This online forum has helpful areas such as:
- educator to educator connections – find a channel and chat or share resources and ideas with teachers doing outdoor and environmental education; and
- files – a growing database of educator resources, contact lists and lesson plans.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-3675 and ask to join the network.