The Yukon Youth Conservation Corps (Y2C2) is a summer employment and training program for Yukon students. It focuses on environmental education and enhancement.
Crews of 1 to 5 students work on conservation projects throughout Yukon. These projects are proposed and overseen by community groups, First Nations, federal and territorial governments, municipalities and individuals.
Y2C2 jobs are not part of the STEP program.
- You are between 16 and 29 years of age.
- You are a full-time high school or post-secondary student and either graduating or planning to return to full-time studies in the fall.
- You have lived in Yukon for at least 1 full year before beginning your present studies.
How to apply
- Review the job descriptions for the positions below:
Conservation camp assistant (2 positions)
Crew leader (2 positions)
Green team steward (1 position)
Green team special projects worker (3 positions)
Field worker (8 positions)
- Decide which position(s) you want to apply for.
- Complete the Youth Programs student employment application form.
- Complete an online resume profile.
- Submit your completed application form and resume.
Government of Yukon
Conservation Officer Services (V-18)
c/o Youth Programs Coordinator
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- Field worker positions: May 30, 2019
- All other Y2C2 positions: February 13, 2019
For questions about applying for Y2C2, email Y2C2@gov.yk.ca or phone: 867-667-3041 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 3041.