We post information on active emergencies and conditions that affect the safety of people in Yukon.
Report a fire: 1-888-798-3473 (FIRE)
- Active fires in Yukon: 31
- Total hectares burned: 73, 404
- There are currently no campfire bans in place from the Government of Yukon.
- A new fire is burning on the east end of Gladstone Lakes, along Isaac Creek in the Haines Junction area. The fire is approximately 16 hectares in size and air resources were dispatched to the fire to begin suppression efforts. There are several structures in the area.
Due to high winds, fire activity has increased on the fire at Windy Arm 12 kilometres southeast of Carcross. The fire grew overnight and is approximately 700 hectares in size. Protection is being placed at several small structures in the area as a precaution. We continue to monitor the fire closely. It can be seen from the South Klondike Highway and Conrad Campground. It is not a threat to any communities at this time.
Smoke from existing fires is affecting the Southern Lakes area. Read information on wildfire smoke and your health.
- Work continues on the Poison Lake Fire. The fire is being monitored closely and fire activity remains minimal.
- Fire activity increased on two fires burning in British Columbia near Lower Post. Smoke may be visible in the area. Read information on wildfires in British Columbia.
Fire danger ratings
- Extreme: Watson Lake and Iron Creek.
- High: Burwash and Carcross.
Burn permits are suspended in any area where fire danger rating is moderate or above.
Get additional emergency updates
- Yukon 511. Find road and highway conditions and closures.
- Find Yukon flood risks. We monitor and report on river flows and and lake water levels.
- Advisories from Yukon Health and Social Services.
- Get weather alerts from Environment Canada.
- Find Government of Canada earthquake reports.
- Yukon Avalanche Association. Get avalanche updates.
- Facebook. Like and follow Yukon Protective Services.
- Twitter. Follow Yukon Protective Services.
For questions about emergency and fire information email firstname.lastname@example.org.