Current fuel tax rates in Yukon
- Gasoline: 6.2 cents per litre.
- Diesel: 7.2 cents per litre.
- Aviation: 1.1 cents per litre.
- Heating: no tax.
- Heating or cooling other than for space heating: 0.2 cents per litre.
- Propane: no tax.
Last updated on April 5, 2018.
Access historical information on Yukon Tax Rates
- Read Yukon historical tax rates including fuel tax rates.
How fuel tax rates are governed and enforced in Yukon
All fuel purchases in Yukon are governed by the Fuel Oil Tax Act and Regulations.
Read the Fuel Oil Tax Act and Regulations.
Fuel tax bulletins
We provide taxation bulletins as an aid to understanding the Fuel Oil Tax Act. The legislation will prevail if there is any conflict in the wording of the documents.
- Heating fuel sales (FOTA010, September 2016).
- Sales between fuel distributors (FOTA009, February 2013).
- Fuel sellers and tax adjustments to invoices (FOTA008, September 2012).
- Interprovincial carriers and bulk storage fuel (FOTA007, September 2012).
- Fuel tax exemptions for commercial purposes (FOTA006, June 2012).
- Taxation of fuel sold at cardlock locations (FOTA005, June 2011).
- Fuel tax exemptions for generators (FOTA004, June 2011).
- Refund claims for bad debt (FOTA003, December 2012).
- Late return policy for fuel distributor returns (FOTA002, September 2016).
- Instructions for reporting of volume adjustments (FOTA001, December 2010).
If you have questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5345, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5345.