If you are not ready or cannot apply for a driver's licence and want a government-issued photo ID, you can apply for a General Identification Card (GIC). The GIC is widely accepted wherever government-issued ID is required to prove identity, age and place of residence.
- Go to your nearest Motor Vehicles Office.
- Bring 2 documents to prove your identity. A guarantor form can be used as proof of photo and signature in special cases. Bring 2 documents to prove your Yukon residency.
- The client service agent will process your information.
- Pay the required fee by cash, credit card or debit. The client service agent will tell you the amount owed.
- Your physical General Identification Card (GIC) will arrive in the mail within 5 to 10 business days. If you are travelling within 10 days and provide proof for travel, a GIC may be produced sooner.
- Your GIC is valid for 5 years.