The Developer Build Loan Program provides low interest loans for short term construction financing for affordable housing to Yukon developers who are not eligible for financing from traditional lenders.
Applications for the loan will be accepted starting on May 1, 2018.
- You are a developer who cannot get construction funding from a traditional lender.
- The housing project you are building meets our modest design guidelines.
- The housing project you are building is a multi-unit building.
- The housing units you build will be affordable, entry-level homes.
- Your company can demonstrate the technical expertise to deliver the project on time and within budget.
Apply for a developer build loan
- Complete the Developer Build Loan Application. The application form can be accessed from the Yukon Housing Corporation office in your community.
Submit your forms and supporting documents.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can also apply at the Yukon Housing Corporation office in your community.
Loan financing details
- Construction financing will be fully repayable to Yukon Housing Corporation two months after an occupancy permit is issued for the units.
- Interest rate will be 1% below the posted 5-year average interest rate at major banks.
For questions about applying for a loan to build affordable housing email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.