What's the Developer Build Loan Program?
The Developer Build Loan Program provides low interest loans for short term construction financing to Yukon developers who are building modest housing and are not eligible for financing from traditional lenders.
- You are a Yukon-based developer building in Yukon who cannot get construction funding from a traditional lender.
- Your building meets our modest design criteria and is 25% more efficient than the National Building Code.
- You project is a minimum of four units in Whitehorse or one unit in communities outside Whitehorse.
- Your company has the technical expertise to deliver the project on time and within budget.
When to apply
You can apply to the Developer Build Loan Program all year round. We fund eligible applications on a 1st-come, 1st-served basis.
Apply for a developer build loan
- Complete the Developer Build Loan Application.
Submit your forms and supporting documents.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can also apply at the Yukon Housing Corporation office in your community.
Loan financing details
- Construction financing will be fully repayable to Yukon Housing Corporation two months after an occupancy permit is issued for the units.
- Interest rate will be 1% below the posted 5-year average interest rate at major banks.
For questions about applying for a loan to build affordable housing email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.