The Government of Yukon has partnered with municipalities by offering the Municipal Matching Rental Construction Program. This one-time capital grant for eligible projects is meant to help increase the supply of rental housing in municipalities.
- Minor developments including living or garden suites are eligible for up to $10,000.
- Standard developments including multiple family developments are eligible for up to $50,000.
- Major developments with a minimum of 10 rental units are eligible for up to $500,000.
The funding for this program is currently fully committed. We are accepting applications and will assess applications on a first come first served basis should any funding become available.
- You must be approved for a development incentive program administered by a Yukon municipality.
- Your municipal development permit must be issued after April 1, 2015.
- Contact us for detailed eligibility requirements.
Apply to the Municipal Matching Rental Construction Program
For questions about applying municipal rental construction funds email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.