The Rural Home Ownership Loan Program is for people who are living in a Yukon community outside Whitehorse to help them buy or build a home.
- You're building or purchasing a new home for your primary residence in the Yukon but outside Whitehorse.
- You fall within our debt-to-loan ratios.
- You've been declined for your buy or build by a bank.
- You'll need a 2.5 per cent down payment.
- If you build your own home, you must show that you have required skills and experience to complete the project.
- You can build or purchase a new home on First Nations land, depending upon your arrangements with Yukon First Nations.
When to apply
1st intake – purchase only
The 1st intake is available only to people wishing to purchase a new home. Our next intake will be open to supporting new builds.
Applications open from: January 9, 2023
Deadline for applications: February 28, 2023, at 4:30 pm
Apply for a Rural Home Ownership Loan Program
- Check the deadline for submitting your application.
- Complete the rural home ownership loan application form.
- Complete the verification of employment form.
- Submit both completed documents and any required supporting documentation:
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
You have up to 2 years to complete construction, whether you hire a company to build or undertake the project on your own.
- Amortization period of up to 30 years in 5-year terms.
- Interest-only payments during construction.
- Interest rate at or below 1 per cent the average posted rates. This is the posted 5-year average interest rate at major banks.
Get a rebate on energy efficient upgrades to your home
We offer Good Energy rebates on renovations and upgrades that make your home more energy efficient. You can combine rebates with the Yukon Housing Corporation’s Rural Home Ownership Loan Program.
For questions about applying for a loan to build your first home email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5759 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5759.