A home fire escape plan helps save lives. Your escape plan should include the following.
- A map of your home. Identify all doors and windows and mark the locations of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Identify 2 ways out of every room in your home.
- Test that all windows and doors open easily. Check that exits are never blocked.
- Designate a meeting place outside.
- Review your plan with everyone in your home. Practice the plan at least twice a year.
- One person should contact 911 from a safe place. Make sure your house number can be seen from the street.