Bear proof garbage bins
Blue bear-proof recycling bins
At least one wheelchair accessible outhouse
Sandy or cobble beach within short walking distance
- Lower Takhini River begins at Kusawa Lake.
- Many kayakers and canoeists begin river journeys here.
- The Tlingit name Kùsawu.â means “narrow lake.”
- The Southern Tutchone name Nekhu˛ Män means “rafting across lake,” speaking to the narrowest point, where people crossed.
- Kusawa Lake is popular for boating, fishing and hiking in the nearby mountains.
- Beware of high winds and waves.
- Use binoculars to spot Dall’s sheep on the mountains.
- If you plan to camp here on a long weekend, have a back-up plan in case the campground is full.
- The gate will remain open for loop 1 after service to this campground has ended. Register your stay (payment not required). Bring your own wood and toilet paper and pack out your garbage.