Get a camping permit

We are still camping during COVID-19. Learn more.

Get a camping permit

Camping permits are available at the information kiosks in our 42 road-accessible campgrounds.

October through April, you may use campgrounds and recreation sites, but they are not serviced. Note that some have locked gates. View a printable list.

We do not charge camping fees between October and April. You must bring your own toilet paper, firewood, and pack out your garbage. Please register all campsite use – day or night, year-round – using the camping permit envelopes provided in the campground.

Check the current status as we may close sites due to flooding, wildlife danger, road conditions or other hazards.

Prepare to be self-sufficient in harsh winter conditions.

Register your campsite

Self-register once you arrive at any of our 42 road-accessible campgrounds. Camping permit registration envelopes are available at information kiosks near the entrance of the campground. 

How to self-register

You must always register your campsite when you arrive. This indicates the campsite is in use and allows Parks staff to see you have a permit. You can't reserve campsites ahead of your stay or hold campsites for other campers.

Make sure the spot is unoccupied by checking dates on the previous permit if it's still on the post.

  1. Fill out the self-registration envelope.
  2. Tear the permit from the envelope and clip it to your campsite number post.
  3. Place your payment in the envelope and seal it, or write in your resident annual camping permit number.
  4. Place the envelope into the deposit vault at the campground entrance.

Do I need a permit?

Yes. Everyone who stays in a Government of Yukon road-accessible campground must have a permit for each accommodation unit (tent, RV, camper, trailer, automobile or other temporary moveable accommodation). If there is more than one unit at a campsite, a separate permit is needed for each unit. Your permit must cover each night’s stay.

Non-profit groups

Contact the Yukon Parks Branch at least two weeks before your stay for a special camping permit. Bring this permit with you when you are at the campground.

Fees in 2021

No camping fees are charged between October 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022. 

Upcoming fee changes in 2022 and 2023

To sustain service levels in our parks, we will gradually increase camping fees in 2022 and 2023.

  • A night of camping will increase from $12 to $20, or $18 if paid in advance through a new online system.
  • An annual Yukon resident camping permit will increase from $50 to $100 in 2022 and $200 in 2023.
  • The senior discount will decrease from 100% to 50% for all daily and annual Yukon resident camping permits.

Park entry, day use, parking, boat launch use, and interpretive programs where offered will continue to be free. Park fees will continue to include use of firewood.

These changes are part of the Yukon Parks Strategy. 

Read the Yukon Parks Strategy.  

Read the highlights sheet.

Backcountry campgrounds

Registration is not required for the Fort Selkirk and The Thirty Mile backcountry campgrounds. A special permit is required for Tombstone backcountry sites. 

Find a backcountry campground.

Learn how to reserve a backcountry campground at Tombstone Territorial Park.


For questions about getting a campground permit, email or phone: 867-667-5648 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5648.