Bear proof garbage bins
Blue bear-proof recycling bins
At least one wheelchair accessible outhouse
Hand pump or water tank provided
Sandy or cobble beach within short walking distance
Viewing structures or signage about local cultural and natural history
- Lake is best known from Robert Service’s poem “The Cremation of Sam McGee.”
- Traditional gathering place for the Southern Tutchone people.
- The lake's name in Southern Tutchone is Tàa’an Män, “head of the lake.”
- Starting point for boaters going on the lake or down the Yukon River.
- Paddlers should be careful of high winds.
- Good place to see waterfowl and double-crested cormorant.