May 15 - September 7, 2020
- Lake system is popular for canoe trips. Small bays, islands and peninsulas make it friendly for children and beginners.
- Check for special fishing restrictions.
- Snafu means “Situation Normal — All ‘Fouled’ Up.”
- This was 1 of 2 forest fire crew camps in the late 1950s. The US army spent almost half a million dollars to construct the camps. They took them down after finishing the Atlin Road.
- The gate will remain open after service to this campground has ended. Register your stay (payment not required). Bring your own wood and toilet paper and pack out your garbage.
Campground peak times:
May June July August September
Snafu Lake Campground map (538.72 KB)
Bear proof garbage bins