May 10 - September 30, 2019
Campground peak times:
May June July August September
26 Atlin Road
Snafu Lake Campground map (538.72 KB)
Bear proof garbage bins
- Lake system is popular for canoe trips. Small bays, islands and peninsulas make it friendly for children and beginners.
- Check for special fishing restrictions.
- Snafu means “Situation Normal — All ‘Fouled’ Up.”
- This was 1 of 2 forest fire crew camps in the late 1950s. The US army spent almost half a million dollars to construct the camps. They took them down after finishing the Atlin Road.
- The gate will remain open after service to this campground has ended. Register your stay (payment not required). Bring your own wood and toilet paper and pack out your garbage.