A Celebration of Swans is Yukon’s premier birding festival featuring thousands of migrating Trumpeter Swans. You can take part in events across southern Yukon and visit the Swan Haven Interpretive Centre.
A Celebration of Swans events
A detailed list of A Celebration of Swans events are included in our spring calendar of events. This calendar will be mailed to Yukoners and you can expect to get it by April 1. You can also visit our events page to find current listings of activities.
Visit the Swan Haven Interpretive Centre
Thousands of swans, ducks and geese rest and feed on M'Clintock Bay each April. Enjoy this spring wonder at the Swan Haven Interpretive Centre.
- a heated interpretive centre;
- an outhouse (pit toilet) is available on site; and
- ramp access to our boardwalk and viewing platform.
- activities for all ages;
- indoor and outdoor interpretive panels;
- daily swan counts;
- a 500-metre shoreline trail with views of the birds.
The interpretive centre is open daily from March 30 to May 6.
Monday to Friday from 5 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and holidays from noon to 7 p.m. (March 30 and April 1 are holidays.)
How to get here
Swan Haven is located on the shores of M’Clintock Bay on Marsh Lake.
Drive from Whitehorse
Take the Alaska Highway south past the Lewes River Bridge to Marsh Lake. You’ll reach North M’Clintock Subdivision and Swan Haven Drive in about 40 km. Turn right on Swan Haven Drive and follow it for 2 km until you reach the interpretive centre.
Yukon Rideshare is a free resource that helps you connect with people in your community to carpool, take transit, cycle or walk together.
What to bring
- Warm clothing. The wind can be cold off the bay, even if it’s warm in town.
- Boots. The ground can be muddy and slushy.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen. The glare off the ice is hard on the eyes.
- Food. There are no stores or restaurants in the area.
- Drinking water. There is no running water on site.
- Binoculars. It’s important to maintain your distance from the birds.
- Camera. You’re going to want to take a picture.
Swans at M’Clintock Bay
Swans stopping by in spring at M’Clintock Bay.
Enjoy the view from the viewing platform at Swan Haven.
For questions about A Celebration of Swans email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-8291 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8291.