The Department of Education offers a free drop-in preschool program called Learning Together. This program is for children under 5 years old and their caregivers.
What is the Learning together program?
- Led by qualified teachers.
- Helps prepare children for school routines.
- Caregivers learn how to support children’s learning at home.
- Younger siblings are welcome.
Contact the school to register
Pelly Crossing residents:
Watson Lake residents:
Preschool program French first language
École Émilie-Tremblay offers a full-time pre-kindergarten program (K4). Contact the school for more information.
The typical routine for Learning Together program
- learning toys;
- sand; and
- Group snack:
- Children wash their hands.
- Help set the table.
- Enjoy a group snack prepared by the adults.
- Wash their dishes.
- Circle time:
- movement; and
- Craft time: children and adults work on crafts based on circle time and the monthly theme.
- Visits to the gym and library.
- Visits from:
- Child Development Centre staff;
- preschool dental therapists;
- local artists; and
- other guests related to monthly themes.