Which products are regulated?
Do you or your business manufacture, sell or distribute these products?
This includes products distributed within or transported into Yukon. If so, you need to register as a producer. You have responsibilities related to recycling these products under the Beverage Container Regulation and Designated Materials Regulation.
How to register as a producer
- Complete the Application for Registration.
- Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the Department of Environment at 10 Burns Road in Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Electronics and electrical products
The Yukon electronic and electrical products recycling program is administered by the Electronic Products Recycling Association. You can register as a producer and find more information on their website.
The Yukon tire recycling program is administered by Alberta Recycling. You can find the producer registration form and further information on their website.
After you register
Your registration form will list the requirements of the regulation. This will include:
- Collect surcharges (i.e., environmental handling fees) on designated materials and/or beverage containers.
- Report and remit fees to the Government of Yukon or an agent.
- For beverage containers, complete the Producer’s Monthly Return form.
For questions about recycling for business, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5683 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5683. Visit the office location at 10 Burns Road, Whitehorse Yukon, open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.