Recycling for business

Which products are regulated?

If you are a person or business that manufactures, sells or distributes beverage containers, tires, or electronics and electrical products within or for transport into Yukon, you will need to register as a producer. You have legal responsibilities related to recycling these products under the Beverage Container Regulation and the Designated Materials Regulation.

Register as a producer

  1. Complete the appropriate application:
  2. For paper applications, submit your application to or to the Department of Environment office at 10 Burns Road.

See the list of registered producers for beverage containers.

After you register

You will need to:


For questions about recycling for business, email or phone 867-667-5683 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5683. Visit the office location at 10 Burns Road, Whitehorse Yukon, open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.