Which products are regulated?
If you are a person or business that manufactures, sells or distributes beverage containers, tires, or electronics and electrical products within or for transport into Yukon, you will need to register as a producer. You have legal responsibilities related to recycling these products under the Beverage Container Regulation and the Designated Materials Regulation.
Register as a producer
- Complete the appropriate application:
- For distributors and retailers of new beverage containers in Yukon, get the Application for Registration.
- For manufacturers, distributors and retailers of tires sold in Yukon, get the Application for Registration – Tires.
- For manufacturers, distributors and retailers of electronic and electrical products sold in Yukon, register online with Recycle Yukon Electronics.
- For paper applications, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Department of Environment office at 10 Burns Road.
After you register
You will need to:
- Collect surcharges (i.e., environmental handling fees) on designated materials and/or beverage containers. See information on beverage container fees.
- Report and remit fees, where applicable. Maintain records.
For beverage containers, complete the Producer’s Monthly Return form.
For questions about recycling for business, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5683 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5683. Visit the office location at 10 Burns Road, Whitehorse Yukon, open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.