Where to get support
We provide many services across the Yukon. Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services staff provide harm reduction supplies and education.
If your community is not listed call 866-456-3838 to get connected to the program closest to you.
To make an appointment or to learn more about Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services in Whitehorse, phone 867-456-3838 or toll-free 1-866-456-3838.
Where to find Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services in Whitehorse.
Other services in Whitehorse
Substance use in the Yukon
In response to the Substance Use Health Emergency, we've started several initiatives, including the creation of the Substance Use Health Emergency - Project Executive Committee. It consists of Yukon government representatives and partners working together on a coordinated response to the crisis.
Some initiatives this committee is working on:
- launching a new territory-wide public awareness and education campaign addressing the toxic drug supply present in Yukon communities;
- expanding drug testing and safe supply to rural communities and increasing availability in Whitehorse;
- enhancing the Yukon government’s supervised consumption site to support people who use inhalants;
- increasing on-the-land treatment options in the territory;
- working with Blood Ties Four Directions to extend the hours of operation of the outreach van, which provides mobile fentanyl testing and enhanced supports to marginalized people; and
- developing a new Opioid Action Plan to build on the success of the territory’s first Action Plan in 2018.
World Mental Health Day is October 10.
Governments, organizations and communities across the Yukon are working to help Yukoners with mental wellness or substance use challenges.
This means Yukoners can find the support that best suits them and their needs.