The Child, Youth and Family Treatment Team (CYFTT) provides a range of counselling and support services. They help school-aged children, youth and families in Yukon. CYFTT services are free of charge.
We offer 3 services:
- counselling services;
- outreach services; and
- youth intensive treatment.
Referrals can come from:
- medical offices; and
- other community organizations.
Self-referrals are welcome as well. In certain cases, youth may consent to services without their caregiver's approval or knowledge.
During our referral and intake services we collect information to help guide treatment planning. We can provide:
- referrals to other organizations and services;
- trauma-informed and evidence-based treatments;
- individual, family and group counselling; and
- assessments for treatment planning.
We also provide support and information to other service providers. This can help families and caregivers to problem-solve and build capacity. This type of support may include managing challenging behaviours and mental wellness issues.
Outreach workers support youth by connecting with:
- non-profits; and
- other organizations.
Youth treatment and recovery program
- Works within the mental wellness framework.
- Emphasis on substance use, harm reduction and multiple challenges.
- Provides withdrawal management, multi-day treatment and outreach support.
- Works with staff and counsellors to develop a support plan.
Services in the communities
In rural communities, services are available through the closest community hub location. In certain cases, children, youth and families can refer to CYFTT in Whitehorse.
In case of an emergency
- For a clinical emergency, go to your local emergency room or phone 911.
- If you're concerned for the safety of a child or youth, contact Family and Children’s services.
- CYFTT services are not intended for legal proceedings involving custody or access.
If you have questions, phone toll free in Yukon 1-800-456-3838. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In person: Sarah Steele Building at 609 Steele Street in Whitehorse
Government of Yukon
Health and Social Services, CYFTT-MWSUS, H–7
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6