What can I recycle?
- Aluminum cans
- Scrap metal
- Beverage containers
- Electrical products
We can't recycle
- Glass. Despite glass being technically recyclable, it is not recycled in Yukon. It is crushed and put in the landfill.
- Styrofoam that’s been used for food packaging.
- Food-contaminated items.
Starting December 1, 2019, recycling depots will no longer accept non-refundable glass.
Where to recycle in Whitehorse
Drop off recyclable materials at:
You can arrange for pick-up of recyclable materials with Whitehorse Blue Bin Recycling.
Visit the city website to find out more about recycling in Whitehorse.
Where to recycle in Yukon communities
- Burwash Landing Recycling Depot
- Carmacks Recycling Depot
- Dawson City Downtown Recycling Depot
- Faro Recycling Depot
- Haines Junction Recycling Depot
- Mayo Recycling Depot
- Mendenhall Recycling Depot
- Mount Lorne Recycling Depot
- Ross River Recycling Depot
- Tagish Recycling Depot
- Teslin Recycling Depot
- Watson Lake Recycling Depot
You can recycle electrical and electronic products at Raven Recycling for free or at your local recycling depot outside of Whitehorse.
You can recycle tires at the City of Whitehorse waste facility. Tires with a rim size of less than 39 inches are free to drop off at the waste facility.
Outside of Whitehorse, you can recycle tires for free at your local waste facility.