What is the Home Repair Program?
The Home Repair Program provides funding for Yukon homeowners to repair or upgrade their principal residence.
The Home Repair Program includes three streams of funding: a grant for emergency repair for your home, a grant to improve the accessibility of your home and a loan to repair your home.
During the COVID-19 situation, Yukon Housing Corporation will be prioritizing applications for emergency home repairs.
- You are a Yukon resident.
- Your home needs repairs or upgrades to improve energy efficiency, overcrowding, accessibility or health and safety.
- Your household income is less than $103,070 per year.
- You own your own home.
Apply to the Home Repair Program
- Complete a home repair program application. Please note, projects completed before receiving written approval from Yukon Housing Corporation will not qualify for funding.
- Complete a verification of employment form. Please note, if you are retired, we require your most recent Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada.
- Accessibility Grant: This stream will fund homeowners to retrofit their homes if they have mobility challenges. Up to $30,000.
- Emergency Repair Grant: This stream will fund homeowners to fix serious, unexpected and dangerous situations requiring immediate repairs. Up to $10,000.
- Home Repair Loan: This stream provides a loan for homeowners who need to upgrade or repair their home. Up to $70,000. Loans amortize up to 15 years in five year terms.
Get a rebate on energy efficient upgrades to your home
We offer Good Energy rebates on renovations and upgrades that make your home more energy efficient. These rebates can be combined with the Yukon Housing Corporation’s home repair program.
For questions about applying for a loan to repair your home email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.