- It is your birth certificate.
- You are a parent recorded on the birth record.
- You are the person's legal guardian and you can provide us with a copy of court recognized legal guardianship.
- You are the executor of the person's estate and you can provide us with a copy of the death certificate.
- You are any other person or agent with the person's written permission.
Apply to replace a birth certificate
- Choose which certificate you'd like.
Individual: Includes information on the individual.
Parental: Includes individual and parental information.
Note: Birth certificates are 5x7 inches in size.
- Complete the application.
- Submit your application and payment of $10.
In person: 204 Lambert Street, 4th Floor, Financial Plaza in Whitehorse or at any Territorial Agent. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We accept cash, cheque, money order, VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
Phone: 867-667-5207. We accept VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
Government of Yukon
Vital Statistics (H-2)
We accept cheque, money order, VISA, Mastercard and American Express.
- The birth certificate will be mailed to you.
For questions about applying to replace a birth certificate email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5207 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5207.