The Government of Yukon has partnered with the Ontario Digital Service and colleagues across the country to offer our staff a training series called, “How to be digital in the public service.” We’ve also made sure that staff working for other governments as well as academics in Canada can take part in this training.
What is this course about?
This is a free, online course that starts in January 2020. We’re offering the course through a collaboration with Apolitical.
This introductory course is to help our staff build a digital mindset. We think you’ll find it useful however much you know or don’t know about the digital world. It provides participants with a snapshot of what some Canadian and international governments are doing to drive change.
You’ll get 1 email a week for 10 weeks. This is what you can expect.
- Week 1: Defining digital. Learn what digital is (and what it is not) and how it applies to government.
- Week 2: Digital government in Canada. Find out what provincial and federal governments are doing to drive change.
- Week 3: International strategies. Get a snapshot of global approaches to government transformation. This week includes a webinar.
- Week 4: Best practices and failures. Why we should learn from failure.
- Week 5: Culture. How to shift government towards a digital-first culture.
- Week 6: Processes. Learn about the user-centred methodologies that make government services work better.
- Week 7: Business models. Customer journeys that may need to change to provide the best overall experience. This week includes a webinar.
- Week 8: Technology and trends. What’s shaping the future of government.
- Week 9: Get started. Practical things you can do to change government.
- Week 10: Earn your certificate. Get tips to stay on top of the digital government movement and join your peers for the final webinar.
How to register
This course is open to Canadian academics and public servants working for any level of government.
The deadline to register is January 20, 2020.
- Go to the course page on the Apolitical website.
- Follow the steps to register.
- Ontario Digital Service training team
- Canada School of Public Service Digital Academy (Government of Canada)
- BCDevExchange (British Columbia Public Service)
- Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services – Digital Services
- Digital Innovation Office (Government of Alberta)
- Government of Saskatchewan – Digital Strategy and Operations, IT Division Group
- Government of Manitoba – Digital Transformation Group
For questions about this training, email email@example.com.