You need formal permission to hold a special event at a Yukon airport or aerodrome.
Before you apply
Give yourself sufficient lead time if planning to hold a special event at a Yukon airport or aerodrome. Applications can take up to 8 weeks to process.
- Contact Aviation for special event requests.
- Provide details of the proposed special event, including location, purpose, dates and times and the number of staff or volunteers.
- If we're able to meet your request, we will send you a Project Scoping Document to complete.
- You will also need to provide proof of insurance when you submit your application.
- After your application has been approved, Government of Yukon will provide a licence agreement for your activity. The agreement covers your liability, outlines our requirements and specifies how, when, where and who is permitted to occupy airport lands.
Access to restricted areas
You must be escorted by a person who has a Transportation Security Clearance if you require access to a restricted area of an airport.
We will inform you during the application process if you will need a security escort. There may be a cost associated with this.
If you are required to have a security escort, phone 867-667-8803 to make arrangements with the Supervisor, Safety and Security.