Our FireSmart program funds projects that remove and reduce forest fuels, such as trees and deadfall.
Who can apply?
- First Nations;
- municipal governments;
- registered non-profit organizations in good standing;
- community associations; and
- school councils.
What projects qualify?
We fund fuel-reduction projects in greenbelts and undeveloped natural growth areas through the FireSmart program
What projects don't qualify?
We don't fund projects on private property or land associated with private use and enjoyment.
When do I apply?
Apply between January 1 and April 15 of each year.
How do I apply?
1. Contact the FireSmart Coordinator at FireSmart@gov.yk.ca or phone 867-667-3013 if you want to find out if your project will qualify for funding.
2. Fill out a FireSmart Project application.
3. Submit the complete, signed application form and a map of the proposed treatment area:
Government of Yukon
Box 2703 (C-24)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
4. We will be notify you in August if your project has been approved for funding. Projects can begin once funding agreements are in place.