The Yukon Youth Conservation Corps (Y2C2) is a summer employment and training program for Yukon students. It focuses on environmental education and enhancement.
Crews of 4 to 5 students work on a diverse array of conservation projects throughout the Yukon. These projects are proposed and overseen by community groups; First Nations, federal and territorial governments; municipalities; and individuals. Camp leaders facilitate 8- to 10-day expedition programs for youth entering Grades 7 to 10.
Take at look at our fact sheet, Y2C2: summer student employment opportunities, to learn more.
Y2C2 jobs are not part of the STEP program. Y2C2 wages are comparable to STEP positions.
- You're between 16 and 29 years of age.
- You're a full-time high school or post-secondary student and either graduating or planning to return to full-time studies in the fall.
- You've lived in the Yukon for at least 1 full year before beginning your present studies.
- The deadline for all post-secondary Y2C2 positions is February 12, 2023.
- Applications for high school field workers are due on April 30, 2023.
How to apply
- Review the job descriptions for the positions below.
Camp assistant (2 positions, $20.80 an hour for 13 weeks plus camp bonus, $22.29 an hour if you're hired for a 2nd year).
Crew leader (2 positions, $23.85 an hour for 13 weeks plus camp bonus, $25.52 an hour if you're hired for a 2nd year).
Green Team steward (1 position, $22.29 an hour for 16 weeks, $23.85 an hour if you're hired for a 2nd year).
Green Team special projects worker (3 positions, $20.80 an hour for 13 weeks, $22.29 an hour if you're hired for a 2nd year).
Field worker (8 positions, $17.27 an hour for 8 weeks, $18.06 an hour if you're hired for a 2nd year)
- Decide which positions you want to apply for.
- Complete the Youth Programs student employment application form.
- Submit your resume to email@example.com. Attach your documents in .doc or PDF formats. In the subject line, write "Y2C2 Application – Your Name".
- The youth programs coordinator will sent you a confirmation email and notify you of the next steps.
Complete an online resume profile only if you're successful in joining the team or if you are interested in applying for other jobs offered by the Government of Yukon.
For questions about applying for Y2C2, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-3041 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 3041.