We hire initial-attack wildland firefighters to work across the territory. You can apply to be a casual wildland firefighter by emailing your resume to Tim.Litster@yukon.ca.
We do not provide seasonal housing for firefighters.
- be a Canadian citizen or be able to work legally in Canada;
- have a class 5 Yukon driver’s licence;
- meet physical fitness standards; and
- have experience living or working in a wilderness environment.
Post-secondary education in Natural Resources Management or a related field is an asset.
Candidates with a valid Emergency Medical Responder certificate will be given preference.
Conditions of employment
When hired, you must:
- get certified in standard First Aid or CPR Level C;
- complete the Yukon Initial-Attack Crewmember course;
- get medical clearance and maintain a time of 14:30 on the WFX-FIT test; and
- complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire and informed consent document.
Training we provide
- Chainsaw maintenance and operation
- Restricted Operator Certificate with Aeronautical Qualification
- WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification
- How to drive all-terrain and utility vehicles, and safely work around helicopters
- How to work within the Incident Command System