Visit the Career Centre to find and apply for available seasonal positions.
The application process begins in October or November each year. We hire initial attack crews throughout the territory.
Housing and accommodation are not provided.
- be a Canadian citizen or be able to work legally in Canada;
- have a class 5 Yukon driver’s licence;
- meet the Physical Fitness Standards; and
- have experience living or working in a wilderness environment.
Post-secondary education in Natural Resources Management or a related field is an asset.
Candidates with a valid Emergency Medical Responder certificate will be given preference.
Conditions of employment
When hired, you must:
- get certified in standard First Aid or CPR Level C;
- complete the Yukon Crew Member Training course;
- get medical clearance and maintain a time of 14:30 on the WFX-FIT test; and
- complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire and informed consent document.
Training we provide
- Chainsaw maintenance and operation
- Restricted Operator Certificate with Aeronautical Qualification
- WHIMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- ATV and utility vehicle
- Incident Command System