The Yukon Youth Conservation Corps (Y2C2) is a summer employment and training program for Yukon students. It focuses on environmental education and enhancement.
Crews of 1 to 5 students work on conservation projects throughout Yukon. These projects are proposed and overseen by community groups, First Nations, federal and territorial governments, municipalities and individuals. Conservation Action Team Leaders facilitate 8 to 10 day expedition programs for youth entering grades 7 to 10.
Y2C2 jobs are not part of the STEP program.
- You are between 16 and 29 years of age.
- You are a full-time high school or post-secondary student and either graduating or planning to return to full-time studies in the fall.
- You have lived in Yukon for at least 1 full year before beginning your present studies.
How to apply
- Review the job descriptions for the positions below:
Conservation camp assistant (2 positions, $20.19/hour for 13 weeks + camp bonus, $21.64/hour if hired for second year)
Crew leader (2 positions, $23.15/hour for 13 weeks + camp bonus, $24.77/hour if hired for second year )
Green Team steward (1 position, $21.64/hour for 16 weeks, $23.15/hour if hired for second year)
Green Team special projects worker (3 positions, $20.19/hour for 13 weeks, $21.64/hour if hired for second year)
Field worker (8 positions, $13.98 /hr for 8 weeks, $14.61/hour if hired for second year)
- Decide which position(s) you want to apply for.
- Complete the Youth Programs student employment application form.
- Submit your completed application form and resume to Y2C2@gov.yk.ca. In the subject line please write "Y2C2 Application - Your Name".
- You will receive a confirmation email and be prompted to complete an online resume profile
Government of Yukon
Habitat Programs (V-5R)
c/o Youth Programs coordinator
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- February 14, 2020 for all Y2C2 and CAT positions except field workers.
- May 29, 2020 for field worker positions only.
For questions about applying for Y2C2, email Y2C2@gov.yk.ca or phone: 867-667-5168 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5168.