Emergency Medical Services (EMS) volunteers provide pre-hospital treatment and transportation.
There are EMS volunteers in 15 Yukon communities, including after-hours crews in Watson Lake and Dawson City.
To apply to be an EMS volunteer you must:
- pass a vulnerable sector record check through the RCMP;
- be capable of lifting patients and equipment, with help;
- attend weeknight training sessions twice a month; and
- be 18 years of age or older.
The fee for the vulnerable sector record check is waived for volunteers.
Apply to volunteer with EMS
Contact the manager of Yukon EMS Community Operations to get an application. You can phone 867-456-6505 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-667-6505.
Ask about volunteer EMS positions
For questions about volunteer EMS positions, phone 867-456-6505 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext 6505.
Volunteers who are on call, responding to an incident or attending meetings and training receive an honoraria.
EMS provides the following training.
- Standard First Aid
- Emergency Medical Responder Certificate
- CPR for health care providers
- Class IV driver’s licence