Paxlovid is a COVID-19 treatment approved for people who have mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19 and other health risks. It does not stop you from getting COVID-19 and is not a replacement for vaccination. The treatment is used to prevent severe illness in people who are at higher risk from COVID-19.
Eligible patients include people:
- with a COVID-19 diagnosis from a health care provider;
- with mild disease;
- within 5 days of symptom onset; and
- who meet a set of specific risk factors as determined by their health care provide, such as over:
- 50 years of age, not fully vaccinated and have health risk factors; or
- 60 years of age and not fully vaccinated.
Other situations may exist and should be talked about with your health care provider
Paxlovid is not suitable for everyone and must be prescribed by a health care provider. At any step of the process it may be decided by a health care provider that the treatment is not right for you.
For more information
Talk to your health care provider about whether or not this treatment option is right for you.