Gas fitters licences may be issued if you:
- have complied with the Trades Qualifications Regulations and hold a Trades Qualification Certificate as a gas fitter, or
- hold an approved equivalent certificate of competency from another jurisdiction, and successfully complete the Yukon Liquid Propane Gas Addendum Examination.
You must also:
- intend to engage in the business authorized by the licence;
- furnish a bond under the regulations; and
- be a licensed gas fitter, or employ at least 1 person who is licensed under the appropriate class.
For questions about these requirements email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5741 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5741.
Apply for a gas fitter or contractor licence
Contact us to apply as a gas fitter or contractor.
- In person: 2251B Second Avenue, Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 867-393-6249
Government of Yukon
Building Safety and Standards (C-8)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Read the Gas Burning Devices Act and Regulations to find out more details about getting a gas fitter or contractor licence in Yukon.