Make sure you're familiar with Yukon rental rules and regulations before renting a residential property or unit.
Make sure your property or unit meets rental standards
Review the minimum rental standards fact sheet and make sure the property meets these requirements.
Complete the tenancy agreement
- Review the tenancy agreement fact sheet.
- Complete the tenancy agreement.
- Ensure the form is signed and dated by landlord and tenant.
- Give 1 copy to the tenant and keep 1 for your records.
Collect the security deposit
- Review the security deposit fact sheet.
- Ensure the security deposit section is filled out on the tenancy agreement.
- Collect deposit. Landlords are only allowed to ask a tenant to pay a security deposit at the start of a tenancy. This amount can't be more than the first month's rent.
Complete the move-in condition inspection report
For questions about landlord responsibilities at the beginning of a tenancy email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5944 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5944.