Resolve a landlord or tenant dispute

Try resolving disagreements before they become a bigger problem.

As a landlord or tenant, you should understand your rights and obligations and the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement. If the issue can't be resolved, you can apply for a dispute resolution.

View the resolving a dispute information sheet.

Apply for dispute resolution

A landlord or tenant can apply for dispute resolution.

  1. Complete an application form
  2. Submit the application
    In person: 307 Black Street in Whitehorse. Our office hours are from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Email: Please follow up with us to ensure we received your application and payment.
    Fax: 867-393-6317
    Government of Yukon
    Residential Tenancies Office (C-7)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
  3. Pay the application fee of $50 or apply for a fee waiver.

Review the applications for dispute resolution info sheet.

Review the deadlines for applying for dispute resolution fact sheet.

After we accept your application

After you serve the hearing package

The respondent may choose to provide their own submissions.

The hearing process

The applicant and respondent will have a fair opportunity to participate in the hearing process.

After the hearing process concludes

We will generally issue a final and binding written decision and order. Both of these can be filed in Yukon Supreme Court.

Review the orders and decisions info sheet.

Review of a decision or order

A review is only a chance to re-argue the original case. It is not a rehearing. A review of a decision or order may take place only if the reason is one of three reasons with evidence.

To apply for a review, the person must provide enough evidence to support the grounds for the review and pay a $75 fee.

The person may apply to waive the fee. The application will be granted if the person provides evidence that they cannot afford the fee.

Complete the application for review form.