We hire initial-attack wildland firefighters and officers to work across the territory.
Active hiring processes
There are no active wildland fire job openings right now.
Casual wildland firefighter jobs
Sometimes we hire casual firefighters to fill short-term needs. You can email your resume to WildlandFireJobs@yukon.ca to be considered if we need to hire casual wildland firefighters.
- be a Canadian citizen or be able to work legally in Canada;
- have a class 5 Yukon driver’s licence;
- meet physical fitness standards; and
- have experience living or working in a wilderness environment.
Post-secondary education in Natural Resources Management or a related field is an asset.
Candidates with a valid Emergency Medical Responder certificate will be given preference.
Conditions of employment
When hired, you must:
- get certified in Standard First Aid and CPR-C;
- complete the Yukon S-131 Initial-Attack Crewmember course;
- get medical clearance and maintain a time of 14:30 on the WFX-FIT test; and
We do not provide seasonal housing for firefighters.
- Chainsaw maintenance and operation
- Restricted Operator Certificate (Aeronautical)
- WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification
- How to drive all-terrain and utility vehicles, and safely work around helicopters
- How to work within the Incident Command System