Apply for an allowance to supplement your social assistance

The Yukon Supplementary Allowance is $250 per month. You may be eligible if you receive, or are eligible for, social assistance. 


You must be:

  • a Yukon resident;
  • 19 years or older; and
  • either assessed as unemployed because of severe or long-term disability; or
  • receiving Old Age Security, or reached an age that you can receive it.

If you are eligible, you can earn up to $3,900 per year that isn't calculated as part of your annual income.


For more information, speak with your case manager at the Adult Services Unit. Or, you can phone Yukon Supplementary Allowance 867-667-5674.