Travelling with a child who has a youth record

Travel within Canada

As long as the youth is not under a specific order not to leave Yukon, you can travel with the youth within Canada.

Travel outside Canada

The United States has policies in place that can deny entry to any person with a criminal record. Current information on travel to the United States and other countries can be found on the Foreign Affairs Canada website.

A country can quickly change policy on border traffic. To make sure you understand the policies and implications, you should to talk to:

  • a youth worker;
  • and your child’s lawyer.