In summer 2023, summer school courses will be delivered to students in person at F.H. Collins Secondary School.
Monday, June 26, 2023.
For further information please talk to your child's school counsellor.
Secondary students can register in one of the core academic subjects offered if they haven't successfully completed a course with:
- a final grade of 40% or higher; or
- proficiency indicator of 'Emerging' or higher (Grade 8-9).
You may enrol to audit any summer school courses. If you do this, you will not receive a final grade.
All summer school courses are upgrade courses (60 hours of instruction).
In summer 2023, we will be offering the following courses:
- English 8;
- English 9;
- English 10 (Composition. Creative Writing, Literary Studies, New Media, Spoken Language);
- English First Peoples 11 (Literary Studies, New Media, Spoken Language, Writing);
- English 12;
- Social Studies 10;
- Explorations in Social Studies 11;
- Science 10;
- Life Science 11;
- Chemistry 11;
- Mathematics 8;
- Mathematics 9;
- Pre-Calculus 11;
- Pre-Calculus 12;
- Workplace Mathematics 10;
- Foundations of Math and Pre-calculus 10; and
- Workplace Mathematics 11.
We offer courses based on a minimum of six students per class.
When and where can you take your course?
Date: June 26 to July 21, 2023.
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Location: F.H. Collins Secondary School.
Cost of summer school
Each course costs $180. Students can enrol in only 1 course.
How to register
- The student must verify that they have completed the selected course by submitting one of the following supporting documents with an application:
- your final report card; or
- School Verification Form by your school Principal, Vice-Principal or Counsellor.
- Download to your computer and complete the Summer School Registration Form.
- Print and sign the form.
- Submit the form with your supporting documents and cheque, payable to Government of Yukon.
Government of Yukon
Summer School (E-16)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
To use Visa or a debit card, please pay in person:
Education Building (entrance to parking on Hospital Road), 1000 Lewes Boulevard in Whitehorse. Open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For questions about registering for summer school phone 867-471-0899.