- Snow and water supply data
- Historical snow and water supply data
Snow and water supply data
Yukon snow survey bulletins and water supply forecasts are issued every March, April and May.
These bulletins provide:
- a summary of winter meteorological and streamflow conditions for Yukon;
- current snow depth and snow water equivalent observations for 58 locations; and
- long-term averages and monthly data.
We use this information to make total runoff volume projections for the summer and to estimate peak flow for Yukon's main river basins and sub-basins. This includes the upper and lower Yukon, Pelly, Stewart, Liard, Alsek, Porcupine and Peel rivers.
2020 Yukon snow survey bulletin and water supply forecasts
Where are snow survey sites located?
There are 58 active monitoring sites across Yukon and nearby areas of Alaska and BC. The Yukon Water Data Catalogue provides site information and locations.
Other current snow and water supply data
The US Department of Agriculture provides snow maps for Yukon and Alaska.
Historical snow and water supply data
Historical Yukon snow survey bulletin and water supply forecasts
For questions about Yukon snow and water supply data, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-3171 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 3171.