Some campground gates are now closed

The serviced camping season ended on October 2.

Learn which campgrounds and recreation sites have closed gates

Get a campground permit

You need a campground permit to secure your campsite once you arrive at a Government of Yukon campground. 

Permits are available at the information/self-registration kiosks in our 42 road-accessible campgrounds.

You must register all campsite use day or night, year-round using the campground permit envelopes provided in the campground.

Check the current status as we may close sites due to flooding, wildlife danger, road conditions or other hazards.

Can you reserve a campsite?

No, you cannot reserve a campsite. Campsites are operated on a first-come, first-served basis.

New campground permit fees in 2023

Camping fees apply to all campsite use, from May 1 to September 30.

These fees apply to all campground permits purchased in 2023:

  • Daily permit, cash paid on site: $20
  • Daily permit, pre-paid at a vendor: $18
    • Sold April 1 to September 30
  • Daily permit, pre-paid online: $18
    • Sold May 1 to September 30 
    • Pre-paid permits bought online expire 21 days after purchase
  • Yukon resident annual permit: $200
  • Yukon resident seniors age 65+ get a 50% discount on all daily and annual permits.

No camping fees in winter

We do not charge camping fees from October 1 to April 30, but you must still register all campsite use. During this period you may use campgrounds and recreation sites, but most are not serviced. You must bring your own toilet paper, firewood, and pack out your garbage. Note that some campgrounds now have locked gates.

Yukon resident annual permit

You can buy this permit in person at Department of Environment offices, from a licensed vendor or online using your Environment Client ID.

Get an annual campground permit online

Non-residents cannot buy or use resident annual campground permits.

Register your campsite

Self-register once you arrive at any of our 42 road-accessible campgrounds. Campground permit registration envelopes are available at information kiosks near the entrance of the campground.

How to self-register

You must always register your campsite when you arrive. This indicates the campsite is in use and allows Parks staff to see you have a permit.

You cannot reserve campsites ahead of your stay, or hold campsites for other campers.

  1. Grab a campground permit envelope from the information kiosk.
  2. Find a vacant campsite. Make sure that it's unoccupied by checking dates on the previous permit if it's still on the post.
  3. Completely fill out the permit envelope.
  4. Tear the permit from the envelope to clip to your site number post.
  5. Place your payment or pre-paid daily permit(s) in the envelope, or write in your annual permit or online daily permit number(s). Seal and place the envelope in the deposit vault at the campground entrance.

Do you need a permit?

Yes. Everyone who uses a campsite (day or night, year-round) in a Government of Yukon road-accessible campground must have and display a valid campground permit. 

Non-profit and school groups

You may request a special campground permit from the Parks Branch at least 30 days before your stay. Bring this permit with you when you are at the campground. Depending on the purpose of your visit, you may also need to apply for a park permit.

Fee changes in 2023

To sustain service levels in our parks, the price of an annual campground permit is:

  • A Yukon resident annual campground  permit costs $200.
  • The Yukon resident senior discount continues to be 50% for all daily and annual campground permits in 2023.

Park entry, day use, parking, boat launch use, and interpretive programs where offered will continue to be free. Camping fees continue to include use of firewood.

These changes are part of the Yukon Parks Strategy

Backcountry campgrounds

Registration is not required for the Fort Selkirk and The Thirty Mile backcountry campgrounds. A special permit is required for Tombstone backcountry sites. 

Find a backcountry campground.

Learn how to reserve a backcountry campground at Tombstone Territorial Park.


For questions about getting a campground permit, email or phone: 867-667-5648 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5648.