Who we are
The Government of Yukon’s eServices for Citizens unit leads the government's digital transformation in public service delivery. We build, maintain and support digital platforms, standards, design systems and more. We partner with departments to deliver faster, simpler and better digital services for citizens.
What we’re doing
We’re expanding our list of qualified vendors to support the government’s development of digital services.
We've issued a tender for Request for Qualifications (RFQ) so we can establish a pre-qualification list.
Services and capabilities we anticipate needing
This is a summary of the services we anticipate requiring. Refer to the RFQ documents on the tender page for details.
- Developing digital services on the eServices platform
- Drupal theme development and user interface design
- Application maintenance and support
- Developing content for products and services
- Auditing and transitioning existing services and content
- Data analysis, extraction, transformation, loading and visualization
- User training and developing support documentation
- Information security and privacy
- Implementing and supporting system integrations
- IT consulting, strategy development and ongoing advice
- Technical architecture design and development
- Project management and IT change management services
This is the timeline we are working to, but the dates are subject to change. Check the procurement website for the official timeline dates.
- December 10, 2019: RFQ issued
- December 17, 2019: Conference call for respondents to ask questions or tune in to listen – details on how to call in are in the RFQ on page 13
- January 13, 2020: Deadline for written questions
- January 21, 2020: Deadline for submitting responses is 4 p.m. PST
- January 31, 2020: We’ll create the qualified source list and publish it on the procurement website
Find out more about this opportunity
You must sign into the Tender Management System to enable the government’s Plan Holder List. You can then view and download tender documents and receive automated email notifications for amended or cancelled tenders. Create an account if you don’t have one.
- A detailed list of the services and capabilities we’re looking for is on page 38 to 41
- Refer to the evaluation criteria on page 16 to learn how we’ll evaluate your proposal