We provide Yukon farmers with information and advice on:
- farm management,
- production and best management practices,
- pest and weed identification,
- pesticide use,
- fertilizer needs and alternatives,
- conservation techniques and organic practices,
- new technologies, and
- farm financing.
We usually provide this service as part of a farm visit or field inspection. We can also give you information or advice by phone or email. Our advice is based on industry best management practices and our research.
Set up a farm visit, meeting or ask a question
In person: Agriculture Branch office at 320-300 Main Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For the backyard farmer or hobbyist
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5838 for advice and resources for hobby farmers or gardeners.
Learn more about growing food in the Yukon
- For livestock farming, refer to our Yukon Livestock guides for:
- Search the Energy, Mines and Resources Library catalogue. They also have a copy of the Yukon Gardener's Manual.
- Purchase a copy of the Yukon Gardener’s Manual at our office for $20 + GST.
- Take the Yukon Master Gardeners Course through the Yukon College.