Get a Premises Identification number for your farm

Yukon farmers are encouraged to enrol in the Premises Identification and Traceability Program (PID). The program is a bridge between local farms and the National Livestock and Poultry Traceability System.

As a farmer, you:

  • enrol in the PID program for free;
  • will receive disease outbreak updates, or other livestock emergency updates, once enrolled; and
  • have to get a separate PID number for each individual lot.

You need a PID number when purchasing livestock or medication out of the territory. You also need a PID number to register in the Veterinary Services Program.

How to get a PID number

  1. Complete the Premises Identification (PID) application.
  2. Submit your application.
    In person: Room 320 in the Elijah Smith Building, 300 Main Street in Whitehorse. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Government of Yukon
    Agriculture Branch (K-320A)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
  3. Once your application is approved, we will mail your Premises ID number to you.