We offer a rebate on the purchase of a new zero-emission snowmobile.
$2,500 for a new zero-emission snowmobile.
Snowmobiles must be powered by zero emission technology. They must not produce direct tailpipe emissions.
You can purchase your snowmobile in Yukon or import it.
Eligible purchase dates
You can apply for the rebate if you purchased your snowmobile on November 14, 2019, or later.
- Yukon residents are eligible for 2 rebates during the lifetime of the program.
- Organizations and businesses registered in Yukon are eligible for up to 10 rebates per calendar year. This includes First Nations governments and municipal governments.
Apply for the rebate
At the time of purchase
Yukon vendors may offer you a rebate at the time of your purchase. If you're a Yukon vendor, you can download the vendor application form.
After you purchase
If you did not receive the rebate from the vendor, you can apply directly to us.
- Complete the rebate application form.
- Include your bill of sale or financing agreement showing:
- you did not receive a rebate; and
- you've fully paid or your financing schedule.
- Include the technical specifications sheet showing the zero-emission motor type.
- Submit your rebate package to the Energy Branch.
In person: 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR-206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate cheque in the mail within 12 weeks.
Why choose a zero-emission snowmobile?
- Their performance is competitive to a conventional snowmobile.
- They require less maintenance and are quieter.
- You can buy these Canadian-made snowmobiles locally.