Snowmobiles must be powered by zero emission technology. They must not produce direct tailpipe emissions.
You can purchase your snowmobile in Yukon or import it.
- Yukon residents are eligible for 2 rebates during the lifetime of the program.
- Organizations and businesses registered in Yukon are eligible for up to 10 rebates per calendar year. This includes First Nations governments and municipal governments.
$2,500 for a new zero-emission snowmobile.
Apply for your rebate
At the time of purchase
Yukon vendors may offer you a rebate at the time of your purchase. If you're a Yukon vendor, you can download the vendor application form.
After you purchase
If you did not receive the rebate from the vendor, you can apply directly to us.
Your receipts and invoices must be dated within 1 year of submitting your rebate application.
To apply online, you’ll need to:
- create an account on the Good Energy rebates website; and
- add details about your home.
Other ways to apply
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Attach the required documents. Your receipts and invoices must be dated within 1 year of submitting your rebate application. Receipts or invoices must show:
- the technical specifications sheet showing the zero-emission motor type.
- with no balance owing; and
- you did not receive a rebate.
- Submit your rebate package to the Energy Branch.
In person: Climate Change and Energy Solutions Centre at 206A Lowe Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Government of Yukon
Energy Branch (EMR-206)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- You'll receive a rebate cheque in the mail within 12 weeks.
Why choose a zero-emission snowmobile?
- Their performance is competitive to conventional snowmobiles.
- They require less maintenance and are quieter.
- You can buy these Canadian-made snowmobiles locally.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-393-7063, toll-free in the Yukon, 1-800-661-0408 and ask to be transferred.