We have a responsibility to:
- identify our expectations for educators; and
- evaluate educators using processes and standards that align with the curriculum.
What you’ll be evaluated on
We’ll evaluate educators on the following foundational principles. As an educator, you must show:
- a focus on professional growth and annual growth planning;
- the ability to apply standards to align with expectations in the school curriculum;
- a correlation between research-based educational practices, student learning and teacher evaluation; and
- the use of fair, collaborative, and well-understood processes.
Why we evaluate educators
Our supervision and evaluation processes are done:
- to continue to improve the quality of education in Yukon;
- in an environment that honours the commitment and integrity of staff and children; and
- with an expectation that all staff work together to make sure our processes are respectful, honest and fair.
- professional and personal growth are a developmental process; and
- educators move through a variety of career and life stages.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-3719 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 3719.