Apply for COVID-19 safety support funding: child care centres

The COVID-19 Enhancement Fund provides financial support for inputting health and safety measures in child care environments. Funding is available for any improvements made since April 1, 2020.

What does the fund cover?

  • Changes to infrastructure to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
    • sinks needed where handwashing stations are not available for staff and children; and
    • sale and installation of physical barriers to define safe play areas.
  • Projects to enhance or change areas to meet public health guidelines.
  • Purchase and installation of commercial dishwashers.
  • Purchase and installation of hand sanitizers and holders.
  • Purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE) recommended in public health guidance.

Talk with your inspector about items, projects or programs not listed above.

Out-of-territory purchases

If items are not available in Yukon, the costs may be eligible. Talk to your inspector before including these.

What the fund does not cover

  • Staff wages
  • Facility rental
  • Facility maintenance costs
  • International purchases

How much money is available?

You may apply for up to $10,000 to support the costs of COVID-19-specific health and safety measures. You may apply for support to cover items that were purchased or work completed since April 1, 2020.

The fund is limited. Applications will be accepted subject to availability of funding.

Who can apply?

  • Licensed child care centres
  • School-age programs
  • Family day homes

How do you apply?

  1. Download the application form.
  2. Gather the following documents:
    • a copy of a quote for each item or project in the application;
    • 2 copies of each quote for purchases and work over $1,000;
    • a copy of a receipt for items purchased or work completed between April 1, 2020 and November 5, 2020; and
    • a copy of a receipt for items purchased or work completed after November 5, 2020.
  3. Submit your application and supporting documents.
    Government of Yukon
    Child Care Services Unit (H-13)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

If you have questions, contact the Child Care Services Unit. Phone 867-667-3492, or phone toll free 1-800-661-0408, extension 3492. You may also contact your child care inspector for further information.